This book is out of print, but a winner if you love reading about Texas.
In this book, Fiona researched and wrote most of the stories about ghosts and paranormal encounters.
From the original book description
Kick n Back in Texas is an entertaining collection of fascinating trivia, little-known anecdotes, legends, and folk wisdom about the Lone Star State.
From the popular Armchair Reader series, this source of Texas historical tidbits will entertain and inform readers of all ages.
Texas is a state of many superlatives: the biggest ranch, the most farmland, the most wool produced, and the largest number of bat species.
Because of the state’s size, Texas seems to embody all that s good, bad, and especially big about the United States. This book captures the best of the state s strange and special stories, people, and places.
Each Texas topic is covered in a few pages, so you can pick up Kick n Back in Texas anytime, anywhere to enrich your knowledge of all things Texas. Readers will be entertained as they read stories of the state s history, culture, land, homegrown heroes, food, and more.
Highlights of Kick’n Back in Texas include:
- Texas trivia presented in a concise and entertaining format.
- Fast facts that detail unique historical events, little-known facts about Texas celebrities, sports-related anecdotes, and more.
- A rundown of what Texans eat and how they talk.
- You Can Thank Texas recounts the contributions the state has made to the world, like the car radio, the electric typewriter, and Liquid Paper.
- Ludicrous laws in the state, like prohibitions against selling armadillos or allowing camels to roam unattended.
- Timelines that clarify what happened when throughout Texas.
This book is out of print, but you can still find copies at booksellers such as Amazon.