Fiona Broome is a ghost hunting expert who loves discovering “hidden” haunted places, and researching the history behind sites’ ghost stories.
She’s been featured at…
… and a lot more. Because: decades in this field, and a steady stream of innovative ideas.
After growing up in Boston, Massachusetts (with summers along coastal New England), Fiona has traveled internationally, and lived all over the U.S., from California to Illinois to Texas. (Currently, her home is in Orlando, Florida, close to Walt Disney World.)
After an early career in fashion – with some technical editing (at MIT) on the side – Fiona’s fascination with history led her to genealogy, helping people discover their roots. Often, that work required research trips to cemeteries, to read inscriptions.
At those locations, some eerie experiences revived Fiona’s childhood interest in ghosts. She began looking for “haunted” places to investigate, and – in the mid-1990s – shared her adventures at her GeoCities blog. Then, in 1999, she launched HollowHill.com for fellow ghost hunters, especially those in the U.S., the U.K., and Ireland.
Since then, she’s written over a million words about ghosts and haunted places, including articles in the Weird U.S. series (Weird Hauntings and Weird Encounters), and Armchair Readers (Weird, Scary, and Unusual, and Kick’n’ Back in Texas). Her own books include The Ghosts of Austin, Texas (Schiffer Books), and Ghost Hunting in Haunted Cemeteries, Is Your House Haunted, and 101 Ghost Hunting Questions, Answered (New Forest Books).
She’s also been an invited Guest at sci-fi, fantasy, and ghost-related events including Dragon Con, GhoStock, G.H.O.S.T.S., New England Ghost Conference, and Central Texas Paranormal Conference.
For a more detail biography, see Fiona’s About page.
Fiona is available for collaboration and consulting for the following kinds of projects:
- Location scouting – based on folklore, history, and geography – including remote and long-distance site identification. She specializes in undiscovered and forgotten haunts.
- Sponsored visits and reviews of genuinely haunted places, especially hotels and historic attractions. (If the site doesn’t actually seem haunted, Fiona won’t pretend that it is.)
- In-depth historical research to credibly identify a location’s ghosts, and why the site may be haunted.
- Articles, quotes, or chapters for your ghost-related books.
- Book introductions, blurbs, and reviews. (Fiona’s reviews are always honest.)
- Other projects that will help share your story and interests with my eager audience.
All content will be promoted with at least one post each at Facebook and Twitter, and may be referenced in one or more of Fiona’s related books. Rates will vary, but please reach out to her no matter what your budget level.
I’d love to learn more about your project, and how we might work together.
If you’re a TV or movie producer and you’d like to discuss a project, contact me at [email protected]
If you own a haunted site, are a publicist, you’re working on a book or article, or you’re a member of the press, contact me at [email protected]
If you are a reader of my books and websites, I’d love to hear from you. The very best way for friends & fans to reach me is by leaving a comment my Facebook Page, or at any related article at HollowHill.com. I read every comment and keep it in mind for my articles, books, and videos.