Whew! Halloween is over. Most of the media requests have faded into memory, and my schedule is – once again – my own. Well… sort of.
Here’s what I’m working on:
- The free course, which will be one of several at GhostHuntingAcademy.com. Basically, I’m updating the free “Introduction to Ghost Hunting” course I created years ago, and adding new worksheets, videos, etc. ETA: December 2017. (I have other free courses in mind for 2018.)
- Videos for YouTube. I’ll be adding many more to improve my articles and free courses, and – of course – just for fun.
- Podcasts. I thought most of the old ones (nearly 100 podcasts) were lost. No, they were just hiding in archives I didn’t know about. Yay! So, I’m reviewing them. And, I’m adding the best to related articles at HollowHill.com. I’m also going to use some as soundtracks for YouTube videos.
- Books. Earlier this year (2017), I removed almost all of my books from publication. Most of them were in dire need of updates & corrections. I’ll be juggling those revisions with my work on courses, videos, and podcasts. With some luck, at least one of my books will be back in print by the end of 2017. (Which means 2018, since – in a preposterously optimistic, rosy haze – I tend to overbook my schedule.)
- Big website changes. On November 15th, EncounterGhosts.com will vanish, but only the URL. All of that website’s articles (and more) are back at HollowHill.com, and I’m expanding & updating that site, steadily. (All old Encounter Ghosts links will redirect to the new location.)
- Other website updates. I’m improving & updating the articles at Ghosts101.com. I’m also planning to republish the content as a book (print and digital) with about 20 new questions, answered. If you have a ghost-related question, ask it in comments at any of my websites, and I may add it to the book.
- Experiments. I’m working on a few weird & quirky ideas for remote (“armchair”) paranormal research. So far, I’m learning what doesn’t work, but a couple of things look promising. If this is fruitful, I’ll share more in 2018.
- And then there’s the Mandela Effect. I’m considering a few videos to explain my views of it. Well… maybe. In the past year or two, the topic took on a life of its own, sometimes in good ways… but also in oh-dear-heaven ways, as well. I’m not sure whether I should define my views so they’re clear, or stay out of the fray. (I see it as a fun, “what if…?” topic that went viral, mostly thanks to George Takei. And then, a few hundred thousand people added their ideas, and that number seems to keep growing, daily. To be honest, I’m kind of aghast.)
So, that’s what’s happening at my desk and in field research for the rest of 2017. I’m enjoying the peace & quiet, and opportunities to create cool new resources for paranormal researchers. Happy holidays ahead!