Here are some of the hundreds of articles, books, news reports, videos, TV shows, and movies featuring me, Fiona Broome.
Note: I’d would prefer journalists focus on my decades of innovative research related to apparently “haunted” places, rather than deriding the Mandela Effect… which they clearly don’t understand, or are overlooking the context of its origins.
But… if the SK Pop article is the new trend, highlighting quantum studies as well as “false memories,” maybe equal time for the Mandela Effect is okay, after all.
In mid-2022, the Mandela Effect went beyond viral and now seems part of the culture. A search on “Mandela Effect” or even “Fiona Broome” is kind of astonishing.
So, this list is no longer updated.
Many – perhaps most – journalists seem to embrace the scoffing, “false memories” angle.
Clearly, they’re missing the context of the original (2009) Mandela Effect conversations.
Or perhaps they never sat around with geeks, late at night, weaving speculation that’s fun... with just an element of seriousness in it.
Tip: That’s where some of the best scientific breakthrough start.
They start as “what if…?” conversations that build one fantasy concept on top of another, and – suddenly – one seems like it might actually have legs.
And everyone rushes to their lab to test – real or virtual – to test aspects of the concept… and, sometimes, they stumble onto something brilliant.
That’s the intended context of the original Mandela Effect conversations, and I applaud journalists that get it.
- The Mandela Effect, why we remember things that never happened (Cultura Collectiva)
- What is the Mandela effect? Quantum Physics expert provides insight on evidence of multiple realities through reports of false memory syndrome (SK Pop)
- What is the Mandela Effect? (The U.S. Sun) , which looks remarkably like The Mandela Effect: What is it? (TechnoTrenz)
- Conspiracy Theorists Think The Large Hadron Collider Transferred Us Into A Parallel Universe Yesterday (IFL Science)
- Why Twitter is Imploding Over Chick-Fil-A And The Cern Hadron Collider (Mashed)
- What now for justice in the high stakes court of public opinion? – Alastair Stewart (The Scotsman)
- What Is the ‘Mandela Effect’? Is it a multiverse or collective misremembering? (Cleveland Clinic)
- 45 Mandela Effect Examples That Will Blow Your Mind (Good Housekeeping magazine)
- The Mandela Effect: Can We Thank Alternate Realities for Our False Memories? (Fanbolt)
- The Mandela Effect: How False Memories Occur (Healthline)
- Disney’s Pam & Tommy may be ‘based on’ fact, but should be viewed as fiction – Alastair Stewart (The Scotsman)
- Why People Falsely Believe Something Happened – When It Didn’t (The Swaddle)
- What is the Mandela effect and how does it work? (India Today)
- What is the Mandela effect? And have you experienced it? (Verve Times)
- What Is The Mandela Effect & Why Does It Happen? 15 Theories & Examples
- The Mandela Effect: bad memories, or altered reality? (AIPT Comics)
- The Science Behind the Reality-Bending Mandela Effect (Popular Mechanics)
- What is the Mandela Effect? (Mental Floss)
- Your Memory of 9/11 is Probably Wrong (Salon)
- Do You Remember the Headset? Can You Spell the Fruity Cereal? (gawker)
- 50 Mandela Effect Examples of Things You *Think* You Remember Correctly (That You’ve Actually Got All Wrong) – (Parade magazine)
- 10 Mandela Effects from the History of Movies (Screencrush)
- Sinbad’s Kids Try To Disprove The Existence Of The Mythical ‘Shazaam’ Movie Starring Their Dad (Which Totally Exists) – (brobible)
- The Mandela Effect (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
- 35+ Examples Of The Mandela Effect That Will Make You Question Everything (Scary Mommy)
- 40 Best Mandela Effect Examples That Will Make You Go Crazy (The Teal Mango)
- The Spelling of Georgia O’Keeffe’s Name Is Now the Subject of an Internet Conspiracy Theory About Parallel Universes (ArtNet)
This list could be far longer, going back to the 1990s, but you probably get the idea: Fiona’s been a leading voice in the paranormal community since practically forever.
photo courtesy of Ekrulila